Our mission is to fulfill your dream of playing the piano or guitar beautifully, to share the joy of learning music, and develop the full artistic potential of every student.
We now offer remote lessons with FaceTime (Apple) or Hangouts (Android)
Studio Location, Hours and Learning Resources
We are located in Apple Valley, MN near the intersection of Pilot Knob Road and County Road 42. Studio hours are 8 AM to 8 PM Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 3:00 PM Saturday-Sunday. Closed Fridays during the Summer Session.
We have two inviting, colorfully decorated studios with comfortable parent seating, extensive music library, computers with widescreen HD monitors and quality speakers for audio/visual music training.
Top 10 Reasons to Take Piano or Guitar Lessons from Us
- Our studio has produced virtuoso performers and college scholarship winners.
- Free prizes and incentives that motivate younger students to practice.
- Free hot and cold beverages, including premium-quality espresso, cappuccinos and lattes.
- Wi-fi access for smart phones and tablets.
- Free custom learning materials for piano created by our head teacher, that you can’t find in stores or on the Internet. These include sheet music, piano/guitar exercises scale and chord charts, and music theory handouts, which are not available in stores or on the Internet.
- Free abridged (not simplified) arrangements of concert piano music, so you can sound like a pro without spending months learning long pieces.
- Catalog of rarely played/published piano music treasures you can download for free from the Internet. Many offer children the opportunity to play classical music without being overwhelmed by technical difficulties.
- Comprehensive musical training that includes technique, musicianship, interpretation, theory, and ear training. We also offer a course in composition, arranging and improvisation for advanced students.
- Piano flashcard software, written by our head teacher, that features testing in all major and minor key signatures, accidentals, 8va, intervals and chords.
- Piano skill testing by grade level for students/parents who request it.
Artist-Quality Studio Pianos
The head instructor teaches on acoustic grand piano. It has been voiced by a master technician to produce a rich, beautiful sound with a broad palette of tone colors. He also substantially upgraded the performance of the key action. In combination, these enhancements allow our advanced students to learn refined control of volume and tone, leading to a high level of musical expression.
The beginner studio, although comfortably spacious, is not an ideal space for an acoustic piano. Therefore, we opted for a high-end, state-of-the-art digital costing as much as a vertical piano. Its unique features offer our young students the closest thing to playing a concert acoustic grand we’ve ever seen.
The key action has:
- Extended length wooden keys instead of plastic
- Key balance points are in the middle, as opposed to the ends like most digitals.
- Simulated hammer weight and escapement (let-off)
The result is a degree of volume and tone control that seems indistinguishable from a real grand piano.
It also has a wooden soundboard to complement the Onkyo-designed amplifier and speaker system. The result is a rich, “woody” tone that no other standard digital piano can match. Among its numerous sound variations are grand pianos of different sizes, and tone qualities such as jazz, pop and classical. The level of ambience can be controlled to simulate playing in a reverberant concert hall.
To enhance the student learning experience, the piano connects to a variety of piano/music teaching applications. One that’s especially effective allows the students to play the melodies of professional solos while the piano plays the more difficult accompaniment of the other hand.
The most entertaining feature is called Concert Magic. It allows the youngest students to play a single key in rhythm to their favorite children’s tunes, while the piano plays the actual notes. They can also play classical pieces like Beethoven’s Fur Elise.
Lesson Formats and Performance Opportunities
Standard lessons are private for a single student, 30 minutes per week. Longer sessions for two siblings can be scheduled at a discounted rate for the second student.
Our main yearly recital is held at a venue with a professional-grade Steinway grand piano, plus another at a local senior center. In-studio performances are regularly given for other students and their families as an audience.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato
Copyright (c) 2019, Apple Valley Piano & Guitar Academy –
All rights Reserved.